Get techy with our favourite scientific literature on SrAl2O4:Eu - the crystalline compound that makes everything at Core Glow possible:
1. Advanced Inorganic Materials for Solid Sate Lighting: An overview of the history of solid-state lighting starting in 1907. Scroll down to 'oxide phosphors' for information directly relating to Core Glow.
2. Eu(2+) luminescence in strontium aluminates: The 'basics' on how Core Glow works. Get ready to dive into atomic orbital chemistry, crystallographic sites, and crystal field splitting. Sounds like fun, right?!
3. Effect of Composition and Impurities on the Phosphorescence of Green-Emitting Alkaline Earth Aluminate Phosphor: What happens when the reaction process isn't optimized? Nothing good - reduced glow brightness and duration are the main visible effects. Read on for more info.
4. Mechanoluminescence properties of SrAl2O4:Eu(2+) phosphor by combustion synthesis: You know how in the FAQs I told you that sanding your Core Glow would cause it to glow? This phenomena has been investigated and shows a potential use for this phosphor in stress sensors. No electricity needed.
5. Enhanced performance of cadmium selenide quantum dot-sensitized solar cells by incorporating long afterglow europium, dysprosium co-doped strontium aluminate phosphors: This one is our favourite! Core Glow powder can be used to increase the efficiency of quantum-dot sensitized solar cells. Not bad for a microscopic powder.
A brief history: the first patent for SrAl2O4:Eu was recorded in the 1950s, but the technology didn't take off until the industrial process was perfected and streamlined. Prior to SrAl2O4:Eu glow technology there were many other options; radioactive tritium and radium, zinc copper sulfides, and the popular chemiluminescent glowsticks. So what makes Core Glow different? What makes it better? And safer?!
3 things: the incredible brightness, the longevity of the product, and the non-toxic materials. Core Glow, made with SrAl2O4:Eu;Dy is the brightest glow technology available. This inert compound is biologically and chemically inert so does not break down or wear out over time. With proper maintenance your Core Glow projects will glow indefinitely. Also the components that make Core Glow are non-toxic and non-radioactive. There are horror stories from the past of glow products that resulted in sick customers and contributed to the death of many factory workers. We are cutting a new path with Core Glow. Want to see for yourself? Order a sample pack today.